I have always wanted to be part of the blogging world but I think that I had just convinced myself that I was not "creative enough" to do so and that I simply did not have time. Maybe I believed both. Either way, here we are! I am going to give it my best shot.
As soon as I found out that I was pregnant on September 14th, 2009, I started journaling daily. I had a pregnancy journal that I loved keeping up with. I journaled about how sick I was at first, and then every little kick and turn that I felt once I was farther along. I recorded my feelings throughout my pregnancy and special occasions that I was a part of. I noted how anxious and excited I was to meet this angel that God had given me and wondered what it would feel like when I finally got to hold her in my arms :) Once Addison was born, I countined journaling in the same way in her "First Year" journal. It was predated and left lines to jot down things that happened every day so it was fairly easy to keep up with. I kept up with her weight, length, health, sleeping schedule (or lack of!), special events, favorite foods, milestones she went through, holiday, and tons of other things that happened in our lives! I always looked forward to writing about what happened that particular day and caught myself re-reading both journals very frequently.
Well, now the years have passed and the two journals are complete :( So, as I tried to drift to sleep last night, I started thinking about the past month. I realized that I had not written down one thing that Addi has done. Sure I can remember them now, but I know that I will lose grip on some of those memories as time goes by. Life gets crazy, pictures get misplaced, and time flies! So, blogging it is! I am determined to stay dedicated (as much as possible) to leaving something for Addison to look back on for memories that we shared together! And hey, if she is one of those kids that has zero interest in reading pages and pages of every little thing we did together, then at least I will have it for myself! hehe.
So here goes!
I think blogging is a wonderful idea :) You're absolutely right, too! You do quickly forget things, but with the blog it's always there! I'm so glad I've blogged from the moment I found out I was expecting Eli. Welcome to Blog Land! You're gonna love it!
ReplyDelete